Archive for the ‘How do you do Maui on Vacation’ Category
A Perfect Maui Vacation
Maui vacations are a great treat, especially to those people who are often get stressed out by the modern world. Why? Maui serves as a perfect break from all the toxicities that today’s fast paced life has to offer.
Although it is tempting just to pack your bags and go, there are some things that need attention before taking off on a Maui vacation. If you’re planing to go there on your next vacation, take some time to get to know everything about the place as this will really help you in maximizing your time while you’re there.
Check out vacation videos like this one or Maui’s travel and visitors information like this one Maui Activities online, or just ask friends and family who have been there.
The major consideration is your schedule during your vacation. Since you don’t have all the time in the world to explore Maui, it is best that you plot the list of activities that you will be doing during your stay. Your schedule should include the following activities, of course this all depends on how active you want to be:
- A visit to interesting Maui sites and historical places. This is a must especially for first-time visitors because these tours can give them a primer and background about the place. Some of the places that you should visit are the ìIao Valley State Park, the 60-ft. tall Banyan Tree, Halekii-Pihana State Monuments, the Alexander & Baldwin Sugar Museum, the tiny Molokini island, the Olowalu Petroglyphs, the Whalers Village Whaling Museum, the Black Rock, the Seven Sacred Poolsî and the Haleakala National Park.
- The nightlife, food trip, and relaxation choices. These are also must-see and must-haves during your Maui vacation because they are truly unique. Make sure that your schedule permits you to have a night out and enjoy traditional dances along with regional food choices and authentic cuisine that will delight you. After an exhausting night of dancing and food trip, relax at the spas nearby to get the soothing Hawaiian pampering that you need.
- Maui water adventures and beach activities. A Maui vacation is nothing if you dont get to experience its beaches and the water activities waiting for you. During your stay, try out surfing, snorkeling, kite boarding, scuba diving and wind surfing. You can do these water activities in Molokini, Paia, or in Hookipa.
- Nature exploration by land. Because of its rich landscape, these activities are sure to excite you. Make sure that you try various land activities such as biking, horseback riding, hiking, and off-road trips because these are definitely an out-of-this world experience. You can also opt for off-road nature tripping and discover the hidden treasures and extraordinary flora nearby.
- The ultimate shopping experience. What is a Maui adventure vacation, especially to self-confessed workaholics, if you don’t get to shop the various retail department and local stores as well as boutiques that offer unique clothing pieces and accessories. Here, you can also find unique and authentic Maui-inspired pieces, which you can bring home and share with your family members, and friends.
These activities are indeed tempting and relaxing during your Maui vacation but before you leave, make sure that you have planned and prepared everything you need such as travel documents, reservations for accommodations, basic necessities such as clothes, toiletries, prescription medicines, and the like to ensure the success of your trip. And that all important list of things to do while in Maui!